22 Oct Rosehip Oil Some of the many benefits.
Some of the many benefits of Rose-hip Oil
It is good for your skin
- Rose essential oil is widely used for cosmetic purposes as it is very good for your skin.
- It can help you fade away scars left over from acne, boils, pox, and injuries and leave you with smooth skin.
- It can even help you fade away stretch marks, fat cracks, scars from surgeries, and so on.
- The antioxidant properties of this oil help with healing your skin quickly.
It fights inflammation
- Rose essential oil is a good remedy for inflammation of any kind.
- It works well on both, internal and external inflammation.
- It can relax the muscles and its sedative nature helps in calming down the body and restoring it back to normal.
- Rose oil helps with inflammation that is caused due to fever, as well as the ones that are caused due to any
- microbial infections,
- and rheumatoid arthritis.
It prevents infections
- Rose essential oil has strong antiseptic properties, which means that it can be used to prevent wounds from becoming septic or developing tetanus.
- This oil can be used safely on wounds, cuts, abrasions, and burns, without the fear of any side effects.
- Furthermore, rose essential oil has antibacterial properties and can prevent internal infections that are caused by bacteria such as cholera, food poisoning, diarrhoea, typhoid, and other problems.
- It can cure most infections that occur in the colon, urinary tract, digestive system, and respiratory system.
- Rose essential oil also has strong antiviral properties and can protect you from cold, influenza, flu, and other problems caused by viruses.
- Therefore, this oil can be used to prevent and treat a variety of infections.
It is an astringent
- Rose essential oil also functions as an astringent.
- This means that it is good for tightening up various muscles across your body and skin.
- It can help you look younger for longer as it tightens your skin and prevents the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It also prevents loose sagging skin and muscles, which also make you look older.
- It helps with contracting blood vessels as well, which can prevent you from losing too much blood when you get injured.
Uses of Rose Oil
- Rose essential oil is used widely in aromatherapy as it promotes feelings of happiness and calmness.
- Rose essential oil is used in a variety of cosmetic products as well such as skin care lotions, moisturisers, and balms.
- It is used in perfumes and soaps due to its beautiful aroma and is also used in shampoos as its astringent properties can help prevent hair fall.
Side-Effects & Allergies of Rose Oil
- Rose essential oil has a few side effects to be vary of.
- It should not be used during pregnancy as it is an emmenagogue and can lead to miscarriages or abnormal bleeding.
- Other than this, there are no harmful side effects to using this essential oil.
- You can always conduct a patch test to see the way your body reacts to it.
- On a general note, you should always consult with your doctor or herbalist before adding anything new to your diet or lifestyle.